Hearing damage can happen at birth, following an injury or slowly over time. When it happens over time, this degradation can come from a variety of environmental factors. Prolonged exposure to loud noise is damaging to the ears. Without proper protection, years of damage can turn into a permanent condition. Hearing protection covers a wide variety of hobbies, professions and daily routines. They each have their own special features that make it advantageous to own more than one type.
- Swimmers/Surf – Floats on water and keeps water out of the ear
- DefendEar Series – Made for hunters, using an adjustable attenuator to protect based on noise
- Musicians – Balances the lows and the highs without compromising the integrity of the sound
- Motorsports – Stops high-speed wind buffering. Multiple tips keep things comfortable while wearing a helmet
- Sleeping – Helps users that want to mute all noise when sleeping
Custom earmolds and earplugs
Custom earmolds and earplugs are superior to generic/universal types. They are made specifically to fit the user’s ear so do a better job of letting sound in or keeping sound out. Performance of the device is improved with a custom mold, so any additional features are enhanced. That means custom swimmer’s earplugs do a better job of keeping water out of the ears. These unique features are only possible by getting ear impression from professionals at the Hearing Aid Specialists of the Carolinas.
Custom earmolds are the strongest protection possible to guard against loud noise. They cover a wider area of the ear but remain comfortable due to the custom fit. Shape, size and materials are all of the things that make custom earmolds so versatile. Molds are an exact copy of the user’s ear, so comfort is not a problem when wearing the device for long periods of time.
Custom earplugs go into the ear canal and are harder to detect when looking at someone’s ears. Designs are not limited because of its invisibility. Custom earplugs have a lot of colors and styles, but the main draw is the adaptability features. Custom earplugs can be used at home, work or during a high impact hobby. The DefendEar series remains one of the most popular choices for hunters and outdoorsmen
Hearing Protection Products We Offer
Hunting, shooting, and sudden noise. A filter instantaneously closes when damaging noise levels are reached. Allows essentially normal hearing at all other times.
Ideal for performing musicians and concert-goers. Also great for flight attendants, bartenders, waiters, dental professionals. Allows wearer to hear sounds accurately but at reduced levels. Have 3 filter options: 9dB, 15dB or 25dB.
For swimming and showering – and they FLOAT! Also provide superb noise reduction.
- Offers comfortable and uninterrupted rest.
- Great for shift workers and credited with saving many relationships!
- Designed with a hollow canal for under helmet use to reduce wind buffeting.
- Comfortable and easy to remove.
- Designed to prevent surfer’s ear and swimmer’s ear caused by exposure to cold water and wind.
- The floatable material is molded with a sealed membrane spanning the sound bore that keeps cold water and air out of the ear canal but allows for conversation and hearing while in the ear.
Ideal for high-noise industrial environments.
For use with any bud/button style earphones.
- Amplification for situational awareness.
- Noise attenuation when you pull the trigger.
- Game mode: Optimized for intermittent shots.
- Clay mode: Optimized for continued shots.
- Normal mode: provides standard Digital 1 features.
- Wind Reduction mode: Ideal for shooting in windy conditions.